1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

on board video memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by panhead, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. panhead

panhead Thread Starter

greetings all,

I have a PC Chips motherboard, (m756mrt), with 750 p111 and 512 mbs of pc133.
    the manual says the onboard video can use 64 mbs of ram....I have it set that way in the bios, but it only shows up using 32 mbs, (system and sysoft sandra) any ideas?

thanks much

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Make sure that what you set in the BIOS to 64MB is the Onboard Memory size and not the AGP Aperature Size. They are different from each other and exist in almost all motherboards BIOS setups. I would just double check that you are setting the right one.

3. panhead

panhead Thread Starter

Thanks, but I just dropped the shared memory to 16mbs and the system checks show 8mbs???????? It shows half of what I enter in the bios.....I'm stumped

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Many on-board systems allocate the RAM dynamically ("up to 64 MB").

Its possible that it only hard allocates 1/2 the amount and takes the rest only if and when it needs it.

5. panhead

panhead Thread Starter

Thanks, is there a way to check........the manual is no help.......I just hate not knowing.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice