1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

On going problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by iandy16, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iandy16

iandy16 Thread Starter

For almost a year now i have had a problem with my computer... which comes and goes, i originally thought it was the heat problems so i put some extra fans in, but im still getting problems, where the computer always shuts down restarts, and blue screens. But no i think it might have something to do with the CD Drive because the problem occurs more when i run a cd either playing music or installing something... When i load up my computer it says that the CDROM is running of the primary Slave... is this ok or could this be an issue.
    Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Andy

-----
    Heres by PC spec incase you need it.

Windows XP PRO
    AMD Athlon XP 2200+
    111GB HD
    768MB RAM
    52x24x52 CDRW

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

I have a burner on my Primary Slave and another on the Secondary Master and they run just fine. That is not the problem What we need to know is what the BSOD is saying. Please to follow the instructions and write down the error messages after and post them.

In order to figure out why you are getting random reboots, you need to make a settings change to your computer. Go to:

Start > right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Setup and Recovery 'Settings'

UN check 'Automatically Restart'. Click OK.

Reboot your computer. Now when Windows detects a problem it will not automatically reboot, but rather give you a blue screen.

Blue screens are often called 'Blue Screens of Death' (or BSOD) by users, and 'Stop Messages' by Microsoft. We need to know the exact message you see when you get the blue screen. We especially are looking for a set of letters and numbers about half way down the page that take this format:

0x0000008e

This is usually followed by a set of 4 similar numbers in parenthesis. For now we just need the first set of letter and numbers (before the numbers in the parenthesis).

3. mtchllro

mtchllro

check your cd/rom is on the right ribbon cable
    Examine the motherboard and look for theIDE controller interface.(folow the ribbon cables from your cd/rom or hard drive)
    Newer motherboards are colour coded in Blue and Black making it easier to find the Primary IDE controller, always used to connect the IDE Cable to the hard drive device and usually CD ROM.
    The Blue Primary IDE interface is always used for the Hard drive.
    The Black secondary IDE interface is usually the ideal place to hookup the CDROM-RW.

4. iandy16

iandy16 Thread Starter

Ok thanks for that, i will make a note of the BSOD codes when it next occurs.

5. iandy16

iandy16 Thread Starter

Ok heres the BSOD codes

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

STOP 0x00000077 (0xc000000e, 0xc000000e, 0x00000000, 0x0005a000)

AND ANOTHER ONE...

0x0000007a (0xe175704, oxc000000e, 0x137cf860)

winsk.sys address bf0f5c8f base at bf800000

Thanks

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

7. iandy16

iandy16 Thread Starter

Thanks for getting those articles, i will have a look into them.

Thanks again for the great fast help!

Andy

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice