1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved On IG HOME, gadgets won't show up

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bj nick, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I use IG HOME for my home page in Chrome. Usually works great. Now, it won't display gadgets from a couple places, like Accuweather or Weather Underground. I get the frame/box and nothing in it. Any ideas?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The Accuweather uses Adobe Flash Player:
    upload_2018-6-21_6-37-44.png

So it's possible you need to update your Adobe Flash Player, though since you are on Chrome, that should be updated already..... Try clicking on the info button on top left, next to the web address and then click on Site Settings. Find Flash and choose to Allow.

upload_2018-6-21_6-40-46.png

Hope this helps!

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Hi, I do not see any such info button anywhere.....regardless, I downloaded and installed latest version of Flash. Accuweather shows up, but others will not.....in the "add gadgets" search, they turn up blank.....weird......this is a pretty new Windows 10 Dell laptop.....

4. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

To be clear.....I see the gadget title, with the basic frame/structure, but no info or images appear inside..... it's blank.

5. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

No one could help me with this, even my local "guru," so I'm going to close the thread....it remains a mystery.

tae111 likes this.
  6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Sorry, I must have read this without reading it (was not showing unread)
    If you right click in that area, does it show anything like Java, FlashPlayer etc?

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Flash is updated by Chrome, no download needed.

as to the icon I meant this:
    upload_2018-7-2_13-57-43.png

Click on that when you are on that site, then Site Settings on the bottom of the list.

8. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Hi, thanks again. I tried that, and it said "blocked," so I changed it to "allow," but it changed nothing. The gadgets still show up blank. Wow......

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Did you refresh the page? Did you right click on the area that it should be to see what plug in is there?

Oh, you have something like AdwareBlocker?

Last thing, try the website in Incognito Mode (Press and Hold CTRL+SHIFT, then press N) and see if you get the same result

10. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Sorry, didn't see this last suggestion. I'll try that.

11. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Nothing doing. Nothing works. Now even when I go to search for gadgets, they show up blank. Again, pretty new l laptop running Windows 10......I'm baffled. LIterally no one has a clue what to do......this is beyond strange. I'm going to look for a different home page.....igHome obviously will not work for me any more. For the record: under "settings" I made sure everything is "allow." Nothing is blocked. So weird.....

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211832

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice