1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

On mouse movement text input fields auto fill with %E?;E?+E?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ms288, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ms288

ms288 Thread Starter

I think I have narrowed it down to on mouse movement that text input fields fill with %E?;E?+E? or %%E; or different variations of those characters followed by ENTER... I think!?!?
    I removed all other languages from the keyboard settings in windows, and turned off the hotkeys for switching languages, this didn't help.
    The next step was to swap out the Logitech keyboard/mouse combo with a ps2 keyboard and usb mouse and uninstalled logitech's setpoint software thinking that might be the problem.
    It wasn't.
    Not sure what steps to take next.
    BTW, it doesn't matter what program is open...

Thanks for any help

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Maybe take a look in device manager to see if any of Logitech's drivers are still in use, if it is, uninstall them.

3. ms288

ms288 Thread Starter

Well I just realized that it is totally random, and not on mouse movement as I thought....
    I did check the device manager, no Logitech drivers remaining.
    I also ran a CCleaner clean up (This was when I discovered the randomness of it, I had to tab off from the cancel button in the scanner. It kept canceling the scan on it's own).
    I also ran the registry clean function of CCleaner.
    It's still doing it.
    Some of the combinations are as follows:
    %%E? enter
    %E?;E;E?+E? enter
    ;E?%%E? enter
    +E? enter

4. ms288

ms288 Thread Starter

I just finished Malwarebytes and AVG 2013 scans and didn't find anything.....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1074915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice