1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

On Not Opening Forwards

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Gabriel, Aug 4, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed Thread Starter

Am I unreasonable? I do not open forwards or attachments on my PC...exception is the attachments in say picture form, that I expect from someone in advance.
    But I will not open a forward at all, no matter who it is from. I delete it.
    My question.....When people visit, I ask them not to open forwards or attachments in their email on my PC...is this unreasonable or overboard????

2. coderitr

coderitr

Not unreasonable or overboard. I never open any attachment unless it comes from someone I know well.

3. heavybob

heavybob

Even then I would make sure I asked for the attachment, viruses can spawn emails that will use the addresses it pulls from someones address book - and could be someone you know very well, but still be infected. As a rule I always say "if you did not expect it do not open it":D

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

I concur! I once opened a forward from my cousin. That's when all the bells and whistles when off when my virus protection picked up a virus from an attachment that was sent with the forward. Two days later I received another e-mail from my cousin warning me about a virus in the attachment he sent.:rolleyes: He sincerely didn't know at that time and to this day I refuse to open any forward mail. I just don't have the time to seek and destroy if something slips through!:mad:

5. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

I certainly don't think it unreasonable, Gabriel. I follow a pretty similar rule, although not so heavy on the forwarding when other people are getting forwards from people we know. I personlly don't read them, but other people sometimes like the dumb jokes and whatnot. ;)
    Attachments, well, I don't even open e-mail that I'm not expecting in general. If I don't know the author, I pretty much delete it right away.

6. coderitr

coderitr

Good advice. (y) (I don't get that many and most of them come from my ex-wife so I know they're junk even before they show up in my inbox.)

7. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed Thread Starter

Thanks much everyone...I don't feel so hyper-paranoid now:)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice