On Screen Keyboard wont load

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KevinDunk

Hello everyone. I am running Windows 8.1. My computer just installed some Windows Updates and now I can't open my on screen keyboard. When I try it from the start menu nothing happens. When I double click the osk file nothing happens. When I go into change PC settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard and I turn the Keyboard to on nothing happens and when I close out of that and go back in the keyboard is back to turned off. This is very frustrating as I use the on screen keyboard often. I don't like the touch screen keyboard. Can anyone help me get this back? This happened once before and I found a post somewhere that fixed the problem but I don't remember where it was

Kevin, I have two suggestions that you may want to try...

1. Go to the Start Screen and Pin the KB to the Start Screen and try activating it from there.

OR...

2. Create another User as a Local Account and see if the KB works for that User

T.

KevinDunk

Thank you for the response. The KB is already on the start menu and I really dont want to mess around with adding another account. As I stated I know I found a solution for this before...this is so frustrating

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts