1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

on screen keyboard

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by chrisjohn, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chrisjohn

chrisjohn Thread Starter

Hi
    I use the on screen keyboard quite regularly but the word prediction function has stopped working it no longer appears in the options menu have trawled through a large number of web pages without any success
    Clean boot
    sfc /scannow
    change admin settings
    reset tablet
    System Restore
    Plus several others all without success any help would be much appreciated
    Best
    Chrisjohn

2. mtzlplex

mtzlplex

Not a fix, just an option if for some reason things don`t work out with the windows onscreen keyboard. There are freeware onscreen keyboard softwares out there. Now, as to if they have the word prediction function you indicated stopped working, and you really need that function, the only way to know would be to try the software. Here is a link to one: http://cnt.lakefolks.com/

3. NICK G

NICK G Banned

Have you tried booting to safe mode? If it works there then another program is stopping it from working and has
    to be identified by stopping each startup program in msconfig startup tab one at a time.
    I wasn't even aware of this feature even though I use OSK occasionally but now I perused the net to see some had
    the problems you have and either worked on my suggestion or did a clean install of Windows.
    Do you have recent full backups of your system? Always keep recent ISO or clone copies of your hard drive.:)

4. chrisjohn

chrisjohn Thread Starter

Hi
    Thank you for your prompt reply I have already put Click-N-Type on the pc and find it works very well but from my point of view I would like to know what went wrong with the osk and how to fix it I have tried safe mode without success also msconfig I have the backup disks to reset to factory but am very reluctant to go that way I do not have sufficient hd space for clone copies.
    Again thank you for your help any further thoughts very welcome
    Best
    Chrisjohn

5. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

Cloned copies should never be put on the same disk as your OS is on, kind of defeats the purpose if you know what I mean.

6. NICK G

NICK G Banned

Yeah, late now but external hard drives are for those needed backups. But if all you have is factory install disk/partition.......
    bet you'll have some other means next time.
    Good luck. :)

7. chrisjohn

chrisjohn Thread Starter

Does anyone know if i can uninstall the osk and download latest version
    Best
    CHRISJOHN

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063698