Onboard and AGP card!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nitin_malhot

Hi,
I have Sony VAIO (PCV-RX755) with onboard video. I wanted one more monitor so connected a separate AGP card. But the card disabled the onboard one. I cant find a setting in the BIOS to enable the thing again. I also tried this by using Hardware Profile, but the option is greyed out.

Plz help.....

I would say your manual should have all the info for these settings, failing that email tech support for your motherboard.

you can run the AGP or the onboard. nopt both . it will only give you headaches .so my suggestion is use your AGP . and most likely it supports DUAL monitors .. you can find this setting @
start>control panel>display>settings tab ... dual monitors there , ? then there you go .
hope this helps .
cheers ..
PS .. go back into the bios and disable the onboard G-card .. and you should be set to go .

nitin_malhot

Rebon, I already talked to Tech Support, they dont have any info about the motherboard. They say that these motherboards are speacially made for SONY.

Timothye, I was not able to find the dual monitor settimg. Did u meant that my card should be having 2 o/p to connect 2 monitors? If yes, I have to get a new AGP, this one has only 1 connector.

UK1

Most modern motherboards with onboard graphics will automatically disable the onboard graphics when a graphics card is added. So you wont be able to enable it with a card fitted.

You can run dual monitors by adding a pci graphics card to what you have or get a graphics card with a dual connector.

There's more info here:

Dual monitor setup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online