ONBOARD Graphics Memory?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rachet

What is the highest ONBOARD Graphics memory? a friend of mine said he had a pc with 3gb onboard graphics memory. Id understand if he said graphics cards, cause he can just link em up. But is there even such thing having that much for onboard? If so, who manufactures em and is it worth it the $$?

leroys1000

Banned
You could use a triple SLI motherboard and 3 nvidia video
cards to attain that much graphics memory.
Is it worth it,no not really.
There aren't any games available that use that much memory
and you would probably have to run a 64bit operating system
for the computer to be able to handle it.
Most games wont use all the memory on a 512MB card.

It sounds more like he is talking about 3GB of onboard system
memory,not graphics memory.
Only cheap video cards and onboard graphics use system memory,
and never 3GB.

rachet

hmm aight i'll ask him if he meant overal onboard system memory but he clearly stated that it was Graphics memory. And he said that there were not actual CARDS connected. so it was just the cpu - ram and hdd. I'll see what he says.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online