ONboard sound drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WilfeyBoy

Forgive my ignorance, but I have just bought a second hand PC, and there doesn't seem to be any drivers for the onboard sound. I did not get the origional software package ( I know, I am a fool ), and I don't know the make of the board or anything. Is there an easy way around this, or will it just be so much easier to get a cheap sound card and cut my losses???!!? :confused:

Open up your pc, find out what mobo you have, go to the manufacturers website, and download the drivers. easy.

or ask the person you bought it off maybe...?

If you don`t wish to open up the PC, you can download sisoftsandra at www.sisoftsandra.co.uk which will give you lots of info about your PC including the make/model of the motherboard. You can then, either go to the manufacturers website or a website such as www.driverguide.com and download the drivers for your onboard sound. :cool:

Yorien says:

Have you seen if the onboard sound is ENABLED on the BIOS? Many manufacturers disable it, so you must manually enable the onboard soundcard before your OS is able to detect it.

Most onboard soundcards are AC'97 compatible ones, so unless you're using a really archaic (Windows 3.11, duh...) O.S. It should have drivers for the souncard

Yorien Dragonard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online