1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Onboard sound not functioning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blyss, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blyss

blyss Thread Starter

Hi!

Recently reinstalled Windows XP and I have no sound. My motherboard is a LanParty nF3 UT 250GB with onboard sound. I also have an SBL! 5.1 Digital card (#SB0220). After I was done reinstalling, I checked device manager and it said that my multimedia controller driver was not installed. I ran the LanParty driver disk, which said that the onboard audio drivers were bundled with the chipset drivers. That didn't work, so I installed the drivers for the SBL!, and still had no sound. The SBL! card had already been a part of the system, so I'm pretty sure it's not a conflict between the two, but I did remove it just in case. I don't need spectacular sound, but I do need sound in general, so if I have to use the sound on the motherboard rather than the actual sound card, that's ok. As of this moment, I haven't installed SP2, but I'm going to after I finish this post. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. staticbyte

staticbyte

Disable your SBL card in device manager and make sure your on board sound is enabled in your bios. If you have any sound devices in device manager try uninstalling them then refresh, this happend to me once or twice with the ac 97, then they installed fine after. You will get conflicts if you have both sound devices enabled but sounds like youve disabled the sound blaster anyway.

3. blyss

blyss Thread Starter

We have a winner!

AC 97 was turned off in the BIOS. I was wondering why it didn't show up in device manager. Thanks!~

4. staticbyte

staticbyte

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice