1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Onboard Sound Not working

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Justinl, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Justinl

Justinl Thread Starter

I have a Dell Dimension L433c Running Windows 98, and am not able to get the onboard sound card working. How can I find the driver for an onboard sound card? I have tried Dell's website, however had no had much luck. :confused:

2. colmaca

colmaca

3. Justinl

Justinl Thread Starter

Tried them and it gave me the message that a Sound Blaster Live! Value card was not on my system.

4. colmaca

colmaca

well?they were the drivers for a Dell Dimension L433c Running Windows 98.
    try looking in device manager and see what is posted under sound,video,game controllers.look for anything with audio next to it and post back what it says.

how to get device manager up right click my computer /properities choose hardware and device manager

5. Justinl

Justinl Thread Starter

Thanks, for the advice, I searched Dell's site again and finally found a dirver that works. Thanks for the posts! :D

6. Justinl

Justinl Thread Starter

Found the driver finally, I went to the site you sent, and searched their audio drivers for this model. After trying like 5 out I got one to work.
    Thanks again!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice