1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Onboard sound - Realtek AC'97 sound missing.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Martin621, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Martin621

Martin621 Thread Starter

Hi, I can't get 2-channel sound with ABIT AT7-MAX2 motherboard, integrated Realtek AC'97 sound. I've tried those drivers from www.abit.com.tw, but those ain't working neither. I have 5.1 Creative surround sound. I get sound from every speakers except the 2 channel ones, which are connected to green phohe jack (Front Speaker Out), everything is connected correctly but i just can't get no sound. The problem came after i had put my pc together into another case. Before that the sound was working. My headphones doesn't work either in that green phone jack.

2. Martin621

Martin621 Thread Starter

Okay, now i found out that i'm getting sound from the green jack (Line Out Jack), but the sound is extremely low,even when the Creative front speakers are turned max. And i have got everything in Volume Center maximum.

3. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

Have you tried having a play around in the realtek control panel (in Control Panel)? Sometimes there's settings in there which have caused me problems in the past.

4. Martin621

Martin621 Thread Starter

yea, i have but it didn't help :(

5. Martin621

Martin621 Thread Starter

Could i have possibly damaged my motherboard so i don't get the sound from those Front Speakers, i doubt it because, i have got 2 pc in my home and both have the same onboard realteck AC'97 sound, and neither of them work with 2- channel mode. both computers can have surround sound and the only speakers that ain't working are the front speakers which are connected to Front Speakers R+L jack

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/839634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice