1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

onboard VGA problems / no monitor signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iammikerodriguez, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iammikerodriguez

iammikerodriguez Thread Starter

Been stuck on this for a whole. Im fixing my friends dell dimension desktop. The computer boots up, no beeps, windows starts. but i have no signal whatsoever from my monitor. I checked if the ram or any cables were loose and nothing. im using on-board vga but i even tried inserting an extra pci express video card i hard laying around as well, and still no signal. i replaced the RAM and still no signal. then i tried with 4 different monitors and all of different brands and still no signal.

The computer was working fine and one day my friend went to go turn it on and no signal at all.

The only thing i havent tried is replacing the power supply, do you think i should give it a try?

Thanks in advance

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Often you need to get into the bios to disable the onboard graphics and use a PCI card - which is a bit catch 22 when the display does not work ......
    With the Sound on do you get the windows starting sound ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918924

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice