1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Onboard Video Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TxBear, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TxBear

TxBear Thread Starter

Hi all I need help here,

I'm trying to figure out how to fix a friends computer problem, problem is the monitor comes on but there is nothing but a black screen. I took another monitor over there and got the same results. So i was thinking the video adapter is bad, I open up the case and see the video is onboard. There are no AGP slots only PCI, so I said ok i'll set them up with a pci video adapter. Now here is the question, do i boot into bios and disable the onboard vid adapter or what? Here are the system specs, not sure if i have to change a jumper on the mother board or if i can disable in bios. Any help will be welcome. Thanks

Steve

2. TxBear

TxBear Thread Starter

3. Corvus

Corvus

just install your new PCI card and let it install. You can go to device manager after and disable the onboard video there
    "disable in this hardware profile"

4. Emtronics

Emtronics

Couldn't hurt to go into the SETUP (BIOS) and look and see if you can disable the onboard video. Some systems will have an AUTO setting which means if you plug in a video card, that will over ride the onboard video. This may only apply to AGP though. Your link doesn't work, at least for me, so I'm not sure what we are dealing with. If I knew the motherboard mfg, I (we) might be able to direct you to a site with jumper info, if any.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115338

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice