1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

One Continuous beep

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tom102, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tom102

tom102 Thread Starter

Hi I have been at this problem for a day and have no idea what to do.

I boot my system and I just get an alarm sound beep. No pauses no pattern just a beep which doesn't stop. I am still able to use the PC (on it now) as for the beep I just removed the motherboard speaker lol.

I have checked loads of Forums but can no find anything helpful. Looking at My Computer temperature they all seem average for my system plus the beep happens straight away during the system post.

I have taken my Ram and Graphics card out and both are fine. I have also taken my CPU out where I had a little problem. When taking the Heat sync off it pulled the CPU with it stuck to the heat sync like concrete. This in turn bent about 5 of the pins VERY VERY slightly like 0.01 degree angle. How ever the beep happened long before that. I have re-pasted the heat sync and the pins are back in place and be evidnce type right here right now all seems fine apart from the beeping.

I could just ignore it but I am big time gamer and I don't feel combatable playing any game right now till the beep goes away and leaving the motherboard speck out means I lose overheat warning.

It did beep about a month ago it did it for a minute and stopped I had it last week and a reboot sorted it however this does not work no more.

I have made 6 systems and non of them have had any problem's. This system I made about 4 Months ago and is my latest all new hardware (sept for the hard drive which is a month older) My system spec is in my Xfire game rig below:
    http://www.xfire.com/profile/light102/

Hope someone can help

2. Sponsor

3. Megabite

Megabite

This is what it lists could be the problem

Power supply, system board, or keyboard problem

Easy to try another keyboard and see to eliminate that

4. tom102

tom102 Thread Starter

Just tried that still beeping.

Both power and motherboard are 4 month new... What could happen if one is faulty? One day not turn on??? Can it damage other hardware??? Don't really want to buying new ones when I just have and when it works fine (sept for the beep)

5. Megabite

Megabite

I would check the MB ...take it right out of the PC and put it on a soft area...hook up the basics and see what result are

6. tom102

tom102 Thread Starter

What do you mean when you say basics??? I don't really have any basic hardware all I got is what's in there right now ,old stuff from upgrade I sell off or pass on to family and friends.

7. Megabite

Megabite

Just have the Hard drive hooked up and the video card.....did this system ever work without the beep?

If you can swapout the PS for a known good one...but getting the MB out of the case would be the best start........

8. tom102

tom102 Thread Starter

Yea I am on the system now lol and has worked for four months. I dont have anther power supply so can not do that. I guess ill just see how it goes

9. tom102

tom102 Thread Starter

Just played MW2 and nothing different, there does not seem to be ANY system performance issue. Could it be possible the Sensor that check temp is broke therefore beeps thinking there's a overheat?

It to me is the only thing that explains why I can play my system perfectly like I have been doing

10. Megabite

Megabite

Possible...........have you checked in bios and see if anything about max temps or something

11. tom102

tom102 Thread Starter

Max temp was 60 and its on 48. I put it to 90 (highest) and tested it and it still buzzes.

I can not test the individual hardware as they are all speced out for each other. No one I know can run my CPU , RAM as there PS and SB are not good enough.

I can rule out the SB with someone else CPU and RAM how ever (do that at Christmas)

How ever if the MB works (rules out my broke sensor theory) I have no way to tell which its is that's causing this, CPU, RAM or PS

12. Megabite

Megabite

Like I said if you move the MB out of the case that would eliminate a short of some kind.

13. tom102

tom102 Thread Starter

Why would moving out of the case prevent a short? But yes Iv done that, running it on a flat surface no case and still got beeping buzzing sound from the MB specker

14. scottzozy

scottzozy

just been going through my Tech's repair manuals and as already mentioned that error code comes down to either the power supply or system board error,which could mean a bad diode on the board,
    and if as you say the board is 4 months old you would have a warranty claim so I would be contacting the place you bought the board from and asking for a replacement(after they test it to make sure it is faulty)
    there is also one other item that can cause this fault the ram if one has a fault then it can cause this as well.

just been checking a few other forums would your main board be a gigabyte by chance if so then it would come down 2 known faults with gigabyte boards 1. power supply fault, try reseating power supply connectors ,see if solves the problem ,or replace your ram
    these seem to be common faults with these boards.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/887835