Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

One Continuous beep

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  scottzozy 
#1 ·
Hi I have been at this problem for a day and have no idea what to do.

I boot my system and I just get an alarm sound beep. No pauses no pattern just a beep which doesn't stop. I am still able to use the PC (on it now) as for the beep I just removed the motherboard speaker lol.

I have checked loads of Forums but can no find anything helpful. Looking at My Computer temperature they all seem average for my system plus the beep happens straight away during the system post.

I have taken my Ram and Graphics card out and both are fine. I have also taken my CPU out where I had a little problem. When taking the Heat sync off it pulled the CPU with it stuck to the heat sync like concrete. This in turn bent about 5 of the pins VERY VERY slightly like 0.01 degree angle. How ever the beep happened long before that. I have re-pasted the heat sync and the pins are back in place and be evidnce type right here right now all seems fine apart from the beeping.

I could just ignore it but I am big time gamer and I don't feel combatable playing any game right now till the beep goes away and leaving the motherboard speck out means I lose overheat warning.

It did beep about a month ago it did it for a minute and stopped I had it last week and a reboot sorted it however this does not work no more.

I have made 6 systems and non of them have had any problem's. This system I made about 4 Months ago and is my latest all new hardware (sept for the hard drive which is a month older) My system spec is in my Xfire game rig below:
http://www.xfire.com/profile/light102/

Hope someone can help

See less See more
#3 ·
Just tried that still beeping.

Both power and motherboard are 4 month new... What could happen if one is faulty? One day not turn on??? Can it damage other hardware??? Don't really want to buying new ones when I just have and when it works fine (sept for the beep)

#8 ·
Just played MW2 and nothing different, there does not seem to be ANY system performance issue. Could it be possible the Sensor that check temp is broke therefore beeps thinking there's a overheat?

It to me is the only thing that explains why I can play my system perfectly like I have been doing

#10 ·
Max temp was 60 and its on 48. I put it to 90 (highest) and tested it and it still buzzes.

I can not test the individual hardware as they are all speced out for each other. No one I know can run my CPU , RAM as there PS and SB are not good enough.

I can rule out the SB with someone else CPU and RAM how ever (do that at Christmas)

How ever if the MB works (rules out my broke sensor theory) I have no way to tell which its is that's causing this, CPU, RAM or PS

#13 ·
just been going through my Tech's repair manuals and as already mentioned that error code comes down to either the power supply or system board error,which could mean a bad diode on the board,
and if as you say the board is 4 months old you would have a warranty claim so I would be contacting the place you bought the board from and asking for a replacement(after they test it to make sure it is faulty)
there is also one other item that can cause this fault the ram if one has a fault then it can cause this as well.

just been checking a few other forums would your main board be a gigabyte by chance if so then it would come down 2 known faults with gigabyte boards 1. power supply fault, try reseating power supply connectors ,see if solves the problem ,or replace your ram
these seem to be common faults with these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.