One Drive Shared Link Expiration Question (Windows 10)

Jack1000

Hello,

Yesterday, I created a shared link on a personal One Drive Account, copied the link, to my clipboard, logged out of One Drive and checked the link by pasting it into my browser. It was still active as it should have been.

I then saw some mistakes in the shared link, went back to my One Drive account to correct the mistakes. I did not share the link a second time after making the corrections. The website showed that the document was updated with the corrections. Today, I go to the website that has the shared link, and the URL is there, but when I click on the link, One Drive said the link expired, or I do not have permission to view it. If I go to One Drive and log into my account, the document is there with the updated corrections. I did not set any expiration time for the link. Why doesn't the website recognize the link today? Keep in mind that I am the owner of the document.

Satch

I think Onedrive is keeping track of the version of the file. And the link is linked to the previous version of the file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts