1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

One home network, two laptops, two broadband speeds. Why?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by nietsloh, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nietsloh

nietsloh Thread Starter

We have cable Internet in our home. My wife and I are are on laptops connected to a wi-fi b/g router. Her laptop's 1 year old, mine's 4 years old. I was surfing rather slowly, so I did a speedtest at 2wire.com and got 400Kbps. My wife got 1.5Mbps.

So, I went into Network Connections (WinXP), shut off my wireless chip, then turned it back on. (It was off for about 5 mins.) Now I'm up to her speed.

What happened?

2. botanic

botanic

A) just one of those funky things

B) maby you were using bandwith for something else on another computer

plent of other things such as maby running something in background that was taking cpu cycles

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/762461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice