1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

One laptop 25 Mbps and other is less than 1 Mbps

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SlickRic51, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SlickRic51

SlickRic51 Thread Starter

I just bought a Dell i14z laptop, and I've been getting speeds of 25-35 Mbps at the hotel I'm staying at. My other laptop (Gateway NV73) is usually between 1-3 Mbps, but lately it is less than 1. Before I bought my new laptop, I assumed that the slow speeds were the norm on the public WiFi networks I use. Today, I updated the wireless driver from the Gateway website, and immediately I was getting 20+ Mbps, which was faster than I've ever seen from Speedtest for that laptop. After restarting a few hours later, it is now back to < 1 Mbps. How can I get the same fast speeds on my Gateway that I'm getting on my Dell? Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065884