1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

One laptop works fine, but the other keeps on disconnecting from the internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Ian26, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian26

Ian26 Thread Starter

So I have 2 laptops, a win 7 and a win 8,
    The windows 7 laptop works on the internet fine, but the windows 8 one always disconnects, even when the win 7 isn't on.
    It disconnects usually when I'm running multiple programs that use the internet on it, but when I run a game like counter-strike, it disconnects too, but not nearly as often.

The router is from 2008 or 2009, but it's a tiny aztech one. I'm sure it's not the isp, because like I said, the other laptop works fine.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.. Reinstall it if you already have it.

What do you do to regain connection after it has been lost?

3. Ian26

Ian26 Thread Starter

It automatically regains connection sometimes, but recently it completely disconnects and I have to reconnect manually. As for the drivers, they should all be the latest versions, and I think it's not the problem, for my laptop is pretty new and I haven't downloaded anything that would contain a virus or messed around with windows

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice