1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

One Monitor Goes Black the Other Gray when launching Fortnite

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by taybtwttv, Jul 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. taybtwttv

taybtwttv Thread Starter

hi so after i launched fortnite my right monitor went black and said no signal and my left monitor turns like dark grey. i can still hear discord in the background but i cant do anything. i opened minecraft and was on for maybe a minute and the same thing happened. my cords all should work fine theyre all plugged in and everything. i think my drivers are up to date but im kinda clueless when it comes to this stuff so if someone could talk me through how to fix this that'd be great. specs copied from best buy that's where i got this last fall Windows 10 operating system 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8700 processor 16GB system memory 1TB hard drive and 120GB solid state drive (SSD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics 16 gig ram 3.2 gigahertz processor

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

To update your GPU driver, go to Control Panel > Device Manager. Find the Display adapter driver, right click on it and choose Update

3. taybtwttv

taybtwttv Thread Starter

it says the best drivers are already installed?

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did you install the game just recently? If so, it may require the latest version of Win 10. Press the Windows key and type "winver" and see if says Win 10 is version 1903. If not, you can try upgrading your Win 10. To do so, download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it and do the upgrade.

5. taybtwttv

taybtwttv Thread Starter

no i didn't install anything recently and i already installed the latest version of windows 10 the first couple times the no signal thing was happening yesterday

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go to the GPU vendor site and get the latest greatest driver. The vendor's version is sometimes better than the MS version. And the Control Panel Update Driver only tells you that you have the latest MS version.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice