One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NovakTheSlovak

I have the TP Link TL-WN823N V2 WiFi adapter. I've been trying to get it to work with my PC for hours upon hours and it does to a strange extent. It can load one or two pages on occasion so its not that it doesn't work at all it just works maybe 10% of the time for about 40 seconds before it just gets stuck loading a new page. After scanning through troubleshoot my PC detected this problem 'One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing On This Computer'. I've looked online tried everything to fix it but nothing works. When I get the troubleshooter to 'repair the issue as administrator' it does for about 10 seconds then it stops working again. All my other devices work fine and I have a strong connection to the internet so it's not that. I'm on windows 10 as I only bought this PC a few days ago and it was already on there unfortunately. Can you please help? Thank you!

Hi, I would look at restoring the tcp/ip stack and resetting winsock, corruption there is the most common cause of protocol messages.

We can use the netsh cmd, for this, in win 10 MS have added another layer of security so the old netsh int ip reset cmd does not fully rebuild the tcpip /DHCP parameters in services, this is required for this to work. After some work I have come up with a workaround.

All you really need to do is copy and paste.

First:-

Copy all below (highlighted in red to make it easier for you, does not need to be copied in red)

\registry\machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi\{eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\26 [7 8]

Now open Notepad and paste this text into it. Next in notepad go to the main menu and under"File" select "save as" call it Resetip.txt and save it to c: drive, the file is now located at c:\resetip.txt

Next press the win + x keys together, from the menu select, command prompt (admin) a command prompt will open.

At the prompt, please copy and paste:-

regini c:\resetip.txt (press enter).

This will reset the registry permissions on the above registry key.(you will not see any indication of this the default prompt will simply reappear (means it has worked).

NOTE:- this permission change will revert to defaults after a restart, so it is perfectly safe.

Now still at the cmd prompt we copy paste:-

netsh int ip reset (press enter)

The tcp/ip stack is rebuilt. (at this stage do not restart computer)

Next:- copy paste:-

netsh winsock reset (press enter)

This will reset winsock

You will be asked to restart your computer, do so, please use restart not shutdown (important).

Try your internet for awhile let us know how you get on.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts