one short beep one long beep

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

diamondrules929

hello, i have a hp a335w i just installed a new power box 2 days ago pc was working fine ,but today when i turned pc on i got one short beep then one long continues beep i disconnected the memory , harddrive, cd, one at a time to check for problem but still have the same problem pc will not boot up

Make sure the CPU is seated properly and the heatsink is properly attached and cooling the CPU...

I assume new power box is a new power supply. Why did you replace it? What did you replace it with?

could be a bunk power supply, cpu, or the onboard video or mobo is shot. I don't recognize the beep codes. Was there really just two beeps?

You have a board issue. Something wrong with the motherboard. Try to reset bios. And plug off all usb device from the PC.

that would be morse code my friend. lol. that actually happens in mac computers, if anyhting fails it beeps out S.O.S

Yes you can reset bios without Keyboard. First, plug off power cord from power supply of the machine. Open up inside the PC. You will see bios battery on motherboard. Take off the battery and wait like 20 sn. After plug in back.

I'd suggest you find a standard keyboard and mouse or at least the adapters for the moment and try booting the system on basics. Jazz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online