1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

one-slot videocards ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mNikke, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mNikke

mNikke Thread Starter

Hi, this might not be the most common problem :D
    anyways,

Im a professional counter strike player and i have a problem with my computer shuttle. My videocard takes 2 slots, the only ones i have and dont have room for my soundcard, which is utterly important. Half the skills are paying attention to ingame sounds.

Is there anywhere oneslot videocards, i know i saw oneslot AGP back in the day, but cant find any pci-e?! or does there exist a some kind of cable that can be connected to the pci-e and then to my soundcard :S

or would something like this work: http://www.startech.com/item/PEX2PC...-Length-2-PCIe-Single-lane-Expansion-Box.aspx
    might it slow down though?

2. Ecf1

Ecf1

3. mNikke

mNikke Thread Starter

well its a 10year old game, so the "best" oneslot will be good enough.
    The other problem is though, that the soundcard must be inserted right next to the videocard, so i hope overheating of the videocard will not be a problem

4. Ecf1

Ecf1

The link I provided will do the best for css
    it's a geforce 8400 gs

5. mNikke

mNikke Thread Starter

hmm... its 2.5years old though? Nvidia is good though, my 120hz lcd has problems with ati for somereason.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/880255

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice