1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OneNote multi pages ABC Kwiksort needed

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Steve8rox, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve8rox

Steve8rox Thread Starter

I find my pages seem to grow like mushrooms on horse manure.

Too time-consuming to move them individually to alphabetize.

Is there a quickie ?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If you mean the sorting of the Notebooks and/or pages within the Notebooks, I know of NO built in sorting method.

All I have been able to do is the dragging of them to where I want them.

3. Steve8rox

Steve8rox Thread Starter

Since my query, I've given this some thought.

I now workaround the lack of a Pages sort in A-B-C order.

I copy all the Pages into TextPad, order an alpha sort, paste the result into a new page back in 1N, which I title as INX [ Index ].

Then I create a new page at the bottom, titled EndINX.

This workaround allows me to jump to the INX page to examine / search the whole section quickly.

Additional new pages, which accumulate below the last indexed page indicator [ EndINX ] can be individually sorted but below the indexed bunch, if and when I have the time and energy.

Of course, when the total number of Pages reaches the bottom of my screen, I will to another FULL sort in Textpad.

For additional new pages I will start a fresh Section, --- 2 , with its own INX-2 Page in future, as and if need be.

It's goofy but it means I avoid hunting through a long list of jumbled Page titles which has always bugged me.

Perhaps the 1N crew will someday create a Pages A-B-C button for busy lazy users like me who prefer neatness and order.

Have agreat day, Dave !!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice