Ongoing issue for very long time. HELP!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

frndlynbrhdghst

Okay so heres the issue,my router login page (http://192.168.0.1) is permanently insecure. I have tried all different kinds of browsers, I have tried applying "HTTPS everywhere", ive manually entered https://192.168.0.1, and no matter what, every time im redirected to a page that warns me about connection to site is not secure. After doing a few nmap scans, I discovered that port 80 is as open as it gets on 192.168.0.1 and that a vulnerability in Microsoft Frontpage 5.0 may be to blame. Im sorry, Im very new to all this. I just want to get my network secure and keep it that way. So if anyone can tell me how I can potentially fix this issue that would be great!!!

cwwozniak

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Chuck
Hi, and welcome to TSG.

An HTTP secured connection is used to prevent someone from intercepting the communications between your computer and the server to which you are connecting. In the case of connecting to your own router, you probably have a direct hard wired or WiFi connection between your computer and the router.

About the only ways to get an HTTP connection to your router would be if there was a firmware update that had the necessary software and security certificate embedded in it or to get a different router that has an HTTP enabled embedded web server.

I don't understand how you believe MS-FrontPage could have anything to do with an HTTPS connection between your computer and the router. FrontPage created web pages but had nothing to do with how a web server operated and its underlying software.

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
I don't think routers have their web page set as HTTPS.... at least I don't think I have ever seen that. That would be a question to the manufacturers of the routers.

To keep it as secure as possible, make sure you don't use the default username/password and make sure you don't save it in the browsers' password vault/keychain/whatever its called.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts