1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ongoing version independent Problem or glitch with the Opera browser

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by john2004, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john2004

john2004 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can offer some help or feedback on the following problem.

The opera browser has an ongoing version independent glitch that requires you to reload the web-page in order for it to update. If you log into a site, most of the time you will need to reload the page for it to show that you have logged in, i.e., it will not show you as being logged in unless you reload the page after you log in. This is not the case with Firefox or any other browser I have tried. Also, If you post on a forum, your post does not show up until you reload the webpage. I have posted twice on forums because I did not think the post went through but all that was really needed was for me to reload the web-page.

If you surf to a webpage or forum, and then you want to return later to see if the page has been changed and/or updated, it will not show the changes the first time you return to the page, you have to return to the page, then reload the page, in order to see any changes that occurred while you were away.

I think this must be a glitch in the cookie system or something. I have used the opera report tool to report the issue to the Opera developers but upgrade after upgrade, new version after new version, this glitch never gets fixed.

How may other people have noticed this glitch ? Is there any way to bring this issue to the attention of the Opera developers ? Does anyone know why this glitch never gets fixed ?

If Opera would fix this glitch and also find a way to incorporate or make available as many useful extensions a Firefox, it would go from being a very good browser to being a great browser. Having to always reload web-pages to see updates or after login and forum posts is a pain.

Thanks
    John

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice