1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Online Armor Free 3.5.0.6 RC2 / 3.0.0.190 Free Download

Discussion in 'General Security' started by blitzkreig, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blitzkreig

blitzkreig Thread Starter

2. perfume

perfume Banned

Dear srprashant,
    Seems like an excellent add-on to the existing defenses, though giving permission every time to run a (new) application may be a pain!
    Merci!:)

3. Gizzy

Gizzy

Great firewall. (y)

@perfume - Comodo does the same thing with new applications thanks to it's defense+, unless some of it's "lighter" settings don't have that part turned on...?

4. perfume

perfume Banned

Had a compatibility problem with KIS2009! When i booted the PC, it came up blank except the default background of XP Pro. Two min.later the desktop icons started re-appearing. De-activated the Armour firewall and tried again, with the same result!

Caution being the better part of valor, i deleted the software with all it's jingles and bells! Used Revo for un-installation!

5. Gizzy

Gizzy

@perfume
    Doesn't KIS already have a firewall built-in?

Also I guess it's because of the HIPS in Online armor and in KIS as well as KIS not usually getting along with other security programs being installed.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Virtualizing the whole browser seems easier and has no other options to choose. Altiris SVS, SandboxIE, ZoneAlarm ForceField, Shadow User, Returnil Virtual System (does whole OS and not just the browser), Ceedo, Acronis Try&Decide, and ArtificialDynamics SafeSpace are all alternatives that allow virtualization to prevent any kind of malware attacks.

7. blitzkreig

I didn't install online armor for the fear of it conflicting with my KIS2009

8. hewee

hewee

9. perfume

perfume Banned

Dear Gizzy,
    True! KIS2009 is finicky to say the least,like a jealous wife/husband!:D

Dear srprashant,
    You should have used it before posting it! I depended on your(Non-existent:() experience to convince myself that Online Armour jells well with KIS2009!! Thank God, i did'nt have the same experience with "Threatfire"--crash and boom!

Dear Elvandil,
    Thanks for the alternatives offered! I know a bit about Sandboxie and Returnil and that's it!(y)

10. blitzkreig

I just uninstalled super antispyware professional for the fear of another program conflicting with kis2009 :D
    I would love to get it back, does SAS pro conflict with KIS2009?

11. blitzkreig

perfume,
    I posted it for the benefit of other users. Maybe someone else needs something like this ;)

12. perfume

perfume Banned

Dear friend,
    JJ (Just Joking)about the Online Armour! Just shrug off my comments on it about your not using it!

SAS Pro has no conflict with KIS. Been using both since one year with no trouble. Just checkout Spyware Doctor! I installed the free version and it's detection rates appear to be good! The free version only detects but one has to buy the full version for quarantining or deleting the spyware! super bussiness practice! Deleted it later as i am really afraid to do on-line credit card deals with the vendors, thanks to lotuseclat79's influence!(y)

I have MBAM (Bought) version and i don't allow it to sit in the system tray as i have found that KIS has a real-time problem with MBAM! Since KIS has "stop at the gate" ability, things are running fine(touch wood)!

The icon of SAS Pro,(looks like a spider with two legs?) sits in the system tray and KIS does it's job as usual.:)

13. blitzkreig

perfume,
    I'll install it again :D

14. blitzkreig

spyware doctor saved my computer on many occasions
    I don't use it anymore though :D

15. blitzkreig

I use the free edition of MBAM though :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!