1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Online backup?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by camaroer87, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. camaroer87

camaroer87 Thread Starter

I need at least 10 gb of online backup space to backup my girlfriend's photos and her parents files to. I would like it to be free if possible and automatic too (that's not a huge issue though). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Derek

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Xdrive is only 5gb. That is the biggest free one I know of.
    http://www.xdrive.com/

any reason why it has to be online.
    I wouldn't trust backing up important treasures like that to a free site. Buy an external hard drive.

3. Squashman

4. camaroer87

camaroer87 Thread Starter

I was looking for a free way to back their stuff up. There computer does not have a DVD burner and I have tried to get my girlfriend's parents to at least get one. They did not seem like they wanted to spend the money on one. I think an external HD is out of the question. It is their family computer so it's their call really, I'm the just techy boyfriend.:cool: I backed their computer up months ago at my house when I put my DVD buner in it when I had to do a ground-zero refresh, but since then nothing. The hard drive is like 5 years old and they never turn the computer off. I just don't want them to lose all those pictures and other data. It is just difficult to get people to see the importance of backup until after you've had a failure. (I've been thru 2, luckly not very serious). Any other ideas would be appreciated.

5. meeshpancakkes

meeshpancakkes

i have a compaq presario 5000 running windows xp i have s video hook up on my tv and video card but it comes up on my tv in black and white and it jumps up and down on the tv screen constantly what is wrong? can anyone help? sorry if i posted in the wrong area couldnt figure out the site... please help! Mark

6. Squashman

If they don't want to take the extra care to back up their photos, then they shouldn't care when they loose them.

DVD burners and USB thumb drives are so darn cheap these days, it is pretty much a no-brainer expense.

I know it is hard to get non-technical people to understand that backup is necessary. They need a catastrohpe to happen before they realize it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice