Online but cannot browse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dtrulez

Recently someone was on my PC and must have gotten tied up with some sort of crazy spyware which shut down my ability to connect to certain sites that are secure. I can no longer even get updates for like Norton or Adware. I had a similar problem like this before and I believe I ended up using "LSP-FIX". But im not sure what exactly I should be doing.

Also, I know that there is some sort of virus/spyware on my computer because I keep deleting files with weird filenames and certain .dll files keep returning with different filenames afterwards. It all started with me noticing that when my pages fail to load I saw this badurl.grandstreet.interactive.

Any help would be great.

can you get onto the adaware site? if you can download that and run it. should help considerably. also if you are running IE try downloading mozilla's firefox from mozilla.org

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You need to post a HijackThis log in the Security section as a start. Those folks will help you out.

(possibility) could be that your internet settings were re-set to high. go into tools> internet options>security and makes sure everything is set to medium or default level and make sure to add the websites you want to see, to trusted websites ! ! ! !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online