1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

online FPS games

Discussion in 'Games' started by aznkevin333, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aznkevin333

aznkevin333 Thread Starter

i just bought a new labtop, it isnt exactly a gaming rig but im sure it can handle a fun online FPS game.

the specs are attached..
    any good games in mind that can work well with these specs.

these two games instantly came to mind, CoD2 and BF2
    can my labtop handle it?

Attached Files:

2. mphair

mphair

the only thing that looks like it would be limiting is your processor...and even that's pretty good. Steam games? (HL2, CS:S, DOD:S)...
    bf2: you might need to turn down some of the graphics to get smooth play but shouldnt be too much of a problem and i'm not sure about CoD2.
    A good rule of thumb (at least that i use if you want smooth, nice graphics) is treat the "recommended" system specs for a game as the minimum.
    hope that helps
    -mphair

3. aznkevin333

aznkevin333 Thread Starter

yea i know...the processor is pretty weak, but when i bought it, i felt that it wasnt worth it to spend an extra 300 dollars just to upgrade from 1.7 to 2.0

also what is important is the online play isnt laggy, on my old computer(REALLY REALLY CRAPPY) i couldnt even play the single player campaign for COD: UO cause of its laggyness but when i got online..it was flawless...less things going on i guess

4. dragjack

dragjack

why don't you try the free Enemy Territory?? It's been around for about 3 years now but always going strong as people create new maps and mods. Plus it's not very taxing on resources AND it's excellent fun!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice