online game/graphics card drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

August45

I have posted on the OP board because I was having all kinds of little problems and have been narrowing everything down for weeks now. I think I may be having a hardware vs software problem. In August I downloaded a new driver for my Nvidia GEForce 4 TI4200 graphics card. Since that time I am being constantly booted out from my online game. I redownloaded the same driver again and it is still not helping. I went back and read some literature on the driver and seems they highly recommend removing any current driver before downloading a newer version. Im now wondering if this is the problem because I did not do this. Also if I now go in and remove the Nvidia driver how will the graphics work without a driver until I go to Nvidia's site and again download the new driver?

SImple. Download the driver first, then delete your current driver from device manager, then restart the computer if it asks u.
Then install the new driver.
The graphics card will still work without the driver, because well I am guessing that windows has one of 'em "standart graphics controller device" drivers.

MysticEyes

Banned
You could uninstall the current driver from Safe Mode. A few makers have recommended that it be done that way.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online