1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

online games load sound but no video

Discussion in 'Games' started by skyblueTx, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyblueTx

skyblueTx Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3061 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 76191 MB, Free - 39574 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0G679R
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
    First let me tell you up front I am a techno idiot so dumb it down for me, please?
    I've played one on line game for years. Over night it loaded with sound but no video. I tried Face Book games. Same thing. I cleaned my cache, ran Malware Bytes, rebooted, downloaded about 60 Windows updates (not critical ones, these were optionals) and tried everything short of standing on my head. Off and on for about a week I tried the game again. ONE TIME it opened and worked. Nothing before or since. I hunted down an different source for the game. Still won't work. Now the problem has spread to simple videos on FB. All games installed on my computer work just fine so it has to be on line games where the problem is but the game site isn't the problem since it happens on multiple sites. That makes me think it is my computer but everything else is working as usual. Help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice