Online Gaming and lagging

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jkill

I have gotten Direcway satellite internet. It is incredibly fast at downloading but sucks at online gaming. I found out that the reason is that satellite is slow at transmitting packets of some sort. I wondered if there is any way to tweak it, such as a utility or some sort, so that it could be just a little faster so I can frag on....

jkill

btw...
my specs on my computer:
1.8 Ghz P4
32 Mb Graphics card
512 Mb memory
80 Gb hard drive
Windows XP

thx again...

I'm not trying to be a butt, but satellite isn't really the best solution for online gaming. DSL and Cable are far superior both in terms of latency and upload speed (cable not so much on the uploads - mine, for example, is 3Mbit down, 256kbit up but still pings under 100ms on many many many UT2k4 servers - even some European ones). Do the tweaks on that site McTimson mentioned, but don't expect to be pinging under 100ms with your current connection.

:/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online