Online Gaming Issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

notoriouspc

I recently have moved into college and my dorm does not have wired connections so I was forced to buy a wireless card for my PC. It's great and works well. I get speeds of 100+ mbps down and 200+ up using speedtest net. My problem is when playing multiplayer games like csgo or nba 2k, the lag is extremely unplayable. Ping in csgo is 130+ but in speedtest it shows having a ping of 1-2ms. I have had IT come out and check connection and other things such as labeling my pc as a gaming console in their network to have a less strict firewall or whatever they do and that hasnt helped much. I'm looking for a solution or help on troubleshooting or pinpointing exactly where in my connection things start to get bad so I can show the IT guy the next time he comes. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online