1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Online Gaming Names

Discussion in 'Games' started by bkzballa, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bkzballa

bkzballa Thread Starter

Hey people. I was playing my game the other day & noticed someone had the same name as me, hawkeye yes very common. Then i thought about making a specific name that no one would probably have. I probably won't change my name because to many people know me but incase i do or maybe for another game, how do you come up with a cool name? How did u come up with yours?

2. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Depends on the situation - lately, I've taken to using the "Wrench" name here and there, and if it's taken, I chalk the initials on the side.

In online games, I sometimes use the "Jab the keys with two fingers, insert a vowel between the letters" method. :p

What I do otherwise, is find a name I like from history or mythology, and change a syllable.

3. Obligatory

Obligatory

My regular handle is a bit controversial, Campingfa.g.

It originated during a Rainbow Six game, a guy just called me "Campingf.ag" because I was sniping. I took on the title with pride, and then, forever more, I was Campingfa.g.

But I use Obligatory for RPG's . and my clan handle is Prodigm (since they generally get less criticism from homosexuals incensed about my choice of title).

Basically, pick whatever you want in a handle, but be sure its not too controversial. I always explain that Campingf.ag is just me sticking out my tongue at people who complain in FPS, but still, you'll have a lot of unnecessary teamspeak chatter if your name is "Bushisgay" or something.

4. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

How dare you use such methods as strategy and tactics in a tactical, squad-based FPS? :p

I've had the luxury of being called such things in America's Army... While I was the team sniper! What the devil elese was I supposed to do? :p

5. Obligatory

Obligatory

I know, some people have no sense.

"Dude! Rush right!"
    "I'm a sniper"
    "Whatever! I'm higher rank! Do as I say!"

6. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

just any name you like

for battlefield 2, i am Razor full name [Yezus]Razor

for jedi academy, (JAWA)DiscipleGunmetal with out the clan tag, it is just Gunmetal

got the game because the game for pc called gunmetal was a extremely cool game.

7. Obligatory

Obligatory

I have that thing on CD-

Found it at Microcenter! I haven't yet tried it though D:

It is tempting... But I have a lot of temptations right now. Like Rome Total War. D:

8. bkzballa

bkzballa Thread Starter

In jedi academy since you can change name with no prob i'm gonna use Darth Hawk lol & hawkeye.

9. Volk

Volk

look bkzballa all you need to do to be original is create your name in another language, like russian or german.. i got mine like dis.. mad wolf= russian zloi_volk so its preety pwn. but i am russian so idk if thats why I kinda thought htis way.

herrs a translating link if you think you wanna go for this idea http://translation2.paralink.com/

P.S. spanish names will get you spammed in some games.
    and dont.. dont put ne numbers.. specially in mmorpgs..

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice