Online school laptop question

Thaga

I have 4 kids who need laptops at home for their new online school. I have $350 to spend per laptop.
The specs I am told to get are:
256GB SSD ( 8th Gen i5-8265U, 8 or 12GB RAM, UHD 620 Graphics)

How can I find such laptops for that price?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I seriously doubt you will find a new laptop with those hardware specs for $350.00 or less.
I would think if the school provided you with hardware specs, it would also provide you with laptop brands/models to select from.
I did a search on new laptops with that processor and 8 GB or more of RAM, and they fall in the $700.00 - $1,000.00+ price range.

------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I though so....just wanting to confirm that. That's the basic needs for a laptop to work effectively on their network.

There's no real easy answer, just shop online and compare hardware to price. I would also look at refurb units.

FYI....my kids schools provides the laptops to them for the year.....of course there's a fee attached for this service $25. Also the schools do this to protect their network as the IT department shuts off just about everything they can...usb ports are blocked, BIOS access is denied and so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online