Online subscription to McAfee?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tinlizzie

Just need an educated opinion. My McAfee Security is due to expire in two weeks. When trying to renew, they won't accept my information, although I've checked it several times, and it is correct. I have no idea what is going on. Would it be better if I go to Staples and buy the program and install it myself, or try to somehow reach McAfee Customer Service and find out what's going on. I've spent a long time this morning trying to find out what the problem is, and I don't have much time to spare. Would certainly appreciate someone's input here.

jiml8

I agree. McAfee is a huge waste of space, money, and cpu power.

After you uninstall even if it does not say so I would reboot the PC and then reboot a 2nd time and then install new program.

Tinlizzie

Thank you, all of you, for your wonderful help. I will try my best to follow your instructions and will get back to report as soon as possible.

My best advice would be to uninstall McAfee and run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool.

Then, consider a much better and lighter alternative. You'll even find free ones:

Microsoft Security Essentials

Avira Antivir

Avast

If you don't mind paying a little, NOD32 and Kaspersky.
If I may add... ESET Smart Security 5 is also a very good Anti-Virus program. Its really Nod 32 with its own Firewall included that in my opinion is far superior to the Windows Firewall.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online