Online teaching Celeron vs i3 vs AMD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ren08

Good day,

I would like some help with choosing a laptop.

I currently do online teaching and I am looking to buy a brand new laptop. The problem is i dont know what to choose.
There are so many products in the market. I am looking for something under $400 ( R7000 rands)

I don't know whether to choose a celeron or i3 processor. I currently use a teaching software/program + manycam+ skype+ zoom.

I am not interested in gaming. Please provide some help.

A typical under $400 machine will only get your 4GB of RAM and a 128 GB SSD. For video meetings, you need a machine with 8GB of RAM. And 128GB of disk space won't leave you much room to store anything. Consider upping your budget to $800 which will get you a mid range laptop. If you buy a $400 laptop, you will regret it very soon.

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I agree with lunarlander.
An "under $400" brand new laptop is not going to provide you with the speed and hardware you need.

------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
If you have documents in an online storage, and you are not planning on installing too many programs, then you probably can get away with 4GB and 128GB, but depending on the brand you would be looking at $600 ish... $800 ish will get you the 8GB and 256GB.

Can you be more specific on the other apps you are looking to use? If your job/school provides Office365 account, you can use Word/Excel online with OneDrive for storage.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online