online wmv can't play on a mac tried all advice

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cielblue

hello,

I am running 10.6.8 Mac os
quicktime 7.6.6
flip4mac 2.4.4.2

I used to be able to view wmv videos. I can view one that is on my hard drive but when I try to view one from a link my school is providing I can't play it and the page keeps trying to reload. When I try to use the open url it still doesn't work.
I have tried reinstalling etc...I have tried making sure that they are the default player...

anyone else having this issue? All the threads I have viewed suggest using the above software. I tried Mplayer too and am reluctant to keep downloading stuff.

I have also tried other links as well and know that the other students can view it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online