1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Only account left on my computer is guest

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jhjel18, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jhjel18

Jhjel18 Thread Starter

My admin account stopped working (a window popped up about a "registration error?") and for some reason it's gone now. Completely gone. Fortunately, my guest account saved documents from my admin account. Now, I can't make any changes to my computer, and I certainly can't make a new account. I've looked up the problem and I've tried using the command prompt to create a new account, and... nothing happened. A message popped up that said something about insufficient privileges. Please, help!

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Try booting in the safe mode mode and see if you can do anything.

3. Giglamesch

Giglamesch

4. Jhjel18

Jhjel18 Thread Starter

Well I tried safe mode and it still denied access to create a new account. I also downloaded that app you gave me the link to and enabled built in admin, but it still didn't let me create a new account. Do i need to use the command prompt? Thanks for all the help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice