Only front speakers working on 5.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xdesensitize

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS card and AVIA 5.1 surround sound. Ive ran speaker tests to ensure everything is plugged in correctly and all speakers work and are where they should be. The problem is only the front two speakers work unless I run Half-Life 2. Ive tried putting in a DVD and running it on Cyber DVD (with the 6 speaker setting enabled) and that doesnt work. Ive also ensured that my speaker settings are set on 5.1 surround sound. Could somebody please explain how to get my sound to come out of all my 5.1 surround sound. Thanks.

Update:
I downloaded a plugin for Winamp that allows it to output 5.1. The only difference this made was that now the center speaker has sound as well as the front. The rear still do not work

bearone2

Banned
what's avia 5.1 surround sound?

what's 1/2 life 2?

what's cyber dvd?

i've got a 5.1 sb live card and run 4.1 klipsch speakers thru the creative software and when i do the test of r front, l front, r rear, l rear they all work properly so it sounds like you have things that aren't needed and are mucking up the works.

xdesensitize

bearone2 said:
what's avia 5.1 surround sound?

what's 1/2 life 2?

what's cyber dvd?

i've got a 5.1 sb live card and run 4.1 klipsch speakers thru the creative software and when i do the test of r front, l front, r rear, l rear they all work properly so it sounds like you have things that aren't needed and are mucking up the works.
Avia 5.1 Surround sound are the speakers I use.

Half-Life 2 is a game that optimizes my speakers and is currently the only thing that can bring sound out of all the speakers.

Cyber DVD is what I use to play DVDs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online