1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

only one site wont work(used to work all the time)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by s2die4s, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. s2die4s

s2die4s Thread Starter

so i use a writing site. and i now cant get to it on my network. i tried few things but nothing seems to work i been playing with settings for a week or so even re installed windows. i dont get it. (the site works one my sell )just not when its on wifi. its not even the fact that i cant get to the site its more that its i cant fig this out now. i need help before i throw the keyboard throw the screen .lol

2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    We need some more information in order to help troubleshoot this issue.
    1. Are you receiving an error message when accessing the site or what exactly happens?
    2. Have you tried using another browser to see if it will work?
    3. Do you mind providing the site link?

3. s2die4s

s2die4s Thread Starter

I TRIED EXPLORER AND FOXFIRE AND SAME THING ALL OTHER SITES I USE WORK BESIDES THE ONE. AND SAME THING WHEN I USE THE WIFI FROM CELL PHONE AND TABLET. I TRIED CHANGING THE SETTINGS FROM THE GOOGLE SETTINGS AND FROM CONTROL PANEL SETTINGS. THE SITE THAT I AM TRYING TO USE. IS BOOKSIE.COM IT WORKS WHEN IM NOT USING WIFI ON MY SELL. AND FROM A FRIENDS COMPUTER. JUST NOT MINE. I EVEN RE INSTALLED FRESH COPY OF WINDOWS.EVEN TRIED A DNS FLUSH FROM COMMAND. PROMPT

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I would appreciate Not using all CAPS in your replies.

I just tried the site from a Virtual Machine and it worked just fine. You must have something that is blocking it. Since it works with Cellular and not your WiFi, then I think your router must be blocking it. Try connecting directly to your modem with Ethernet and see if you can connect.

5. s2die4s

s2die4s Thread Starter

My main computer is ethernet(wired) and it dont work. thats why i tried it on my phone to see if it was the computer. n then on my phone it didnt work with the wifi so i turned it off then used my cell phone without wifif n it worked. so thats when i tried changeing the settings. n everything i knew didnt work so i looked it up n still couldnt find anything that would work. so i just re installed the windows. n nothing. i even ran scans from mcafee and nothing its not even the fact that i cant use that one site itss more that i cant fig this out.i mean everything esle works fine. it just that one site. so its not important just getting to me.lol

6. s2die4s

s2die4s Thread Starter

p.s sorry for the caps my passwords are all caps n sometimes i forget to turn it off. l ol

7. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I still think the issue is with your router. Even though your computer is connected via Ethernet I assume it is still connected through the router. This is why I suggest that you try connecting directly to your Modem and see if it works. If it does then you will need to look into your router and remove the blocked site or reset your router to defaults and reconfigure.

8. s2die4s

s2die4s Thread Starter

so yeah i just did that n it works .. idk why i didnt think of that before.lol so would you know how to reset tthe router

9. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Okay, Great! Sometimes is the easy things we forget.
    The easiest way is to hold down the reset button for approx 30 seconds. If you provide me with the make and model of your router, I can probably help you remove the blocked site so you don't have to reset.

10. s2die4s

s2die4s Thread Starter

the wireless router is d-link dir 868L modem is arris tml602

11. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Here is a link to your manual at the correct section to check. It will be in the setting under Access Control and Probably Web Filters. Let me know if any more questions.

ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DIR-866L/REVA/DIR-866L_REVA_MANUAL_1.00_EN.PDF#page86

12. s2die4s

s2die4s Thread Starter

yeah i have noclue what im doing lol

13. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I will check it out and get back with you tom or you csn perform the reset.

14. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    On your Modem setup page
    Select the Advanced Tab
    On left side Select Access Control
    Check that it is Disabled
    Then Select Website Filters
    Click Clear the list button
    Save your settings each time
    Restart modem and test

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice