1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Only one Speaker works!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mcspyder0, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mcspyder0

Mcspyder0 Thread Starter

I have 2 speakers and now only the right one works im not sure if its my speakers or my computer. OK well i get no sound from my left speaker but if I put a pair of headphones into my headphone jack and pull it out halfway my left speaker works and my right one goes dead. The Funny thing about it is that when i move the sound balance bar in "Volume Control" all the way to the left i get no sound at all even when the left speaker is working i have to pull the bar either in the middle or to the right to make it work. Also when i put headphones on i only get sound out of one side on a perfectly good pair of headphones. It seems like my sound card(or whatever) is only working right side only if thats possible is there a way to fix it or is it just my speakers that are busted????

Note: All my balance bars for sound are set in the middle

2. factor

factor

Firstly, check that the soundcard/chip is working properly, goto control panel and click sound,speech+audio devices, sounds+audio devices, hardware. This will give a list of devices and tell you if theyre working properly.

3. Mcspyder0

Mcspyder0 Thread Starter

I was looking around the control panel and i found "compaq diagnostic" so i ran it and i updated my drivers everything seems to be working fine but i did notice Wave Output Form:Monaural could that be the problem or is that normal if so how could i change it.The sound card is Soundblaster PCI128 with windows98se

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice