1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Only one user account is viewable/unable to access other accounts

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by airforceone, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. airforceone

airforceone Thread Starter

I use Vista Ultimate edition 32 bit. I recently set up an account for my 3 year old grandson to use. However, every time I log off and/or switch users to enter his profile/account, all I am able to access is my account. I don't even see his account available for me to access.

I set up multiple accounts on my machine running XP (years ago) and when I logged onto the computer, all of the user accounts were visible. Not so with Vista. All I ever see when I boot the computer up is my account.

I am hoping this isn't a glitch in Vista.

Thanks ahead for any suggestions to this problem.

Regards/

AF1

2. airforceone

I forgot to ask if anyone knew of a keyboard shortcut in order to be able to switch user accounts in Windows Vista.

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Do not use switch user until you have been able to log in to these new accounts. Log out of yours and then log into the news ones, one at a time. All of the folders and files need to be made by the system.

Hope you have NOT setup and of the parental controls on these new accounts before they were completely made.

I would NOT use "Switch User" ever, as it is a source of problems.

4. airforceone

i have never been able to log into the new account because i haven't been able to see it or view it yet. I never had this problem in XP. All accounts were viewable upon bootup. But now in Vista, all i ever see when i boot the pc up is my original account. I didn't set up parental controls but the first time i set up the new account i had it set with limitations but have since set it up with administrative privilidges and still have the problem of not even seeing it.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What happens when you "Log out"?
    There you should see ALL accounts.
    If you do not see these new accounts, then they did NOT get made.

6. airforceone

I tried that too. No luck. Only the original acct visible then as well.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!