1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Only Read This If You Know About Windows

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ricosuave1987, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ricosuave1987

ricosuave1987 Thread Starter

Basically I have an issue with the boot up. I got a Windows XP Pro sp2 install disk from my friend and little did I know it turned out to be a friggin' German made version. So I install it anyways figuring it won't matter all that much. But here is the thing, I installed it and when I did the reformat it did the BSOD... blue screen. Now every time I go to install it says that I have an error... well at least I think it does. It is in German. I also went to install another version of XP and it CONSTANTLY installs the version(s) in GERMAN! I mean I put in the REAL XP ENGLISH CD and it goes to the German setup. I tried to boot into TinyXP AND Media center goes right to German. I made a boot-disk that for some reason goes RIGHT to German setup. I want to know if there is any way to completely reformat the H/D from CMD/in Windows (which I figure it can't) I have all the versions on hand and all specs of my PC if needed. Um, lets see... I tried to boot into the F8 menu but it's in German as well... I have the Boot-Disk with all the tools needed. just need to know what to do. Please help me, I am somewhat desperate. Counter Strike Source is calling me. :mad:

2. ricosuave1987

Someone Answer Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ricosuave1987

Basically I have an issue with the boot up. I got a Windows XP Pro sp2 install disk from my friend and little did I know it turned out to be a friggin' German made version. So I install it anyways figuring it won't matter all that much. But here is the thing, I installed it and when I did the reformat it did the BSOD... blue screen. Now every time I go to install it says that I have an error... well at least I think it does. It is in German. I also went to install another version of XP and it CONSTANTLY installs the version(s) in GERMAN! I mean I put in the REAL XP ENGLISH CD and it goes to the German setup. I tried to boot into TinyXP AND Media center goes right to German. I made a boot-disk that for some reason goes RIGHT to German setup. I want to know if there is any way to completely reformat the H/D from CMD/in Windows (which I figure it can't) I have all the versions on hand and all specs of my PC if needed. Um, lets see... I tried to boot into the F8 menu but it's in German as well... I have the Boot-Disk with all the tools needed. just need to know what to do. Please help me, I am somewhat desperate. Counter Strike Source is calling me.

4. ♫Coder♫

♫Coder♫

This is easy,

1. Do a low level format. to do this, try to get a software called "Hiren Boot CD 9.1" Google and you can find it.

2. Use the cd, go to menu where you can do low level format.

3. You can do low level format using other softwares but you got to be inside windows. That boot cd i recommend will do in DOS.

Good luck

5. caperjack

caperjack

boot to the english winxp cd hit enter to install winxp but don't install ,hit D to delete the partiton then L, to create a new one ,then enter to install xp, , ,no need to do a low level format !!

6. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Was your friend able to install it in English? Or was it German on his PC as well?

7. 12tipp12

12tipp12

try kill disk, ie wipe the disk completely as some info may remain on the hard disk even after formatting, then try again with the english disc.

Bill.

8. new tech guy

new tech guy

9. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Just a couple questions........
    Are you sharing a legal copy with a friend?
    Is that a pirated copy of Windows?

10. ricosuave1987

It is legal... Is this going to mess with my h/d... Im not about to retire this h/d specially cause I spent a lot of money on my custom... you know?

11. ricosuave1987

If I could get to the part where I actually see the partitioning section and deleting partitions don't you think I would do that? lol... It goes to blue screen when i go to any windows made version.

12. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Since this disk is borrowed and also we have to say it is illegal the simple solution to this is to get the original windows install software and install it and you will be good to go. If you do not have the legal version of this software all you have to do is call the manufacture of the computer and purchase a new recovery disc set and you will get it in the mail a few days later.

13. ricosuave1987

Ohhh, you are one of those guys... You can't really get the original version of XP your computer came with when it's a custom, now can you? =)

14. lilmamainga

lilmamainga

No --- you probably can't ---- if by "custom" you actually mean ..... "illegal"....

And ohhh yeah ---- I'm one of those "gals"! ;)

15. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    ricosuave1987, I've edited out your disguised profanity, this is a forum for all ages.

I've also merged your two threads together, one thread per issue is generally enough.

I'm also worried about this borrowed copy of Windows XP. You can't just borrow copies of software, its not legal.

Why can't you get the original or your own copy of Windows? Custom built computers come with Windows XP then a Windows CD and License must have used to install it and that CD and License is required to be passed onto the customer.

It does seem like the info you need to solve this issue has been given and since there is a strong suspicion of illegal software I'm going to close this.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/613976

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice