1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Only Startup and Shut down Sounds are not player !

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lokeshgoyal, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lokeshgoyal

lokeshgoyal Thread Starter

i am having windows xp running on my pc , once i tried to change my startup sound by the local made software but cant happen. In result the Startup and Shut down Sounds are disabled on my xp. But the rest of the sound are playing fine. All the Error, menu , minimize, critical sounds are working. Can any one help in getting those two sounds back.

2. tallgrass

tallgrass

Try: Control Panel- Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices- Sounds and Audio Devices- Sounds- in the "Program Events" box scroll to "Exit Windows" and click on it. Below in the "Sounds" box click on the down arrow and find "Windows XP Shutdown.wav" and click on it. It should now appear in the box. Click on the black arrow to the right of the box to try the sound.
    If OK go back to "Program Events" box and scroll to"Start Windows" and click on it. Back to "Sounds" box, click arrow, find "Windows XP Startup.wav": and click it. Check sound with black arrow as before. If OK click Apply then OK and exit Control Panel.
    That should restore sounds unless those files were removed or corrupted by the other program.

3. lokeshgoyal

lokeshgoyal Thread Starter

those files are playing at the sound and audio device setting but doesn't play at startup and exit only.can there be any setting like in 'ini' files or other startup settting files.

4. tallgrass

tallgrass

how about going to a "System Restore" point from before you changed the sounds. You may loose newer additions and changes to your system, but might get your sounds back.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!