1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Only Two websites will not load

Discussion in 'Networking' started by adq, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adq

adq Thread Starter

There are two websites in our computer lab that will not load. I have tried several different browsers, turned off firewalls, scanned for viruses and spyware and emptying temp files, etc. I can ping the addresses, but when I do a traceroute they time out from the 5th hop forward. We can visit any other website, it is just these two sites. The server in the lab is running Windows 2003 Standard Edition, and there are three routers. There twenty computers in the lab all using Windows XP. We could use some help, since the one website is ours (www.campbellfordcrc.ca) and the other is a website that the public uses constantly for job searches (www.ospreycareers.com).

The only spyware that was found was one called AutomatedSurf. However, the antispyware program did remove it.

Thanks

2. Memnoch322

Memnoch322

How can you ping it but not tracert it?

3. adq

adq Thread Starter

I said it was odd, and I have no idea.

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Tracert works for both from Los Angeles area. (The campbellfordcrc.ca one is in Los Angeles).

5. adq

adq Thread Starter

It appears to time out just in the computer lab. I can load the page from home and the offices on the second floor can also load the pages. It seems that something is preventing the page from loading just in the lab. I can load the page when I use a proxy server only.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since multiple computers in the lab have the same issue, the problem is most likely not in the lab, but rather whatever router/gateway/firewall serves the computers in the lab. That's where I'd look.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice