1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OO to MS

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by river, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. river

river Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I created a number of tables in OO Base. I find if quite difficult to carry out data entry using OO in comparison to MS Access. So to ease work going forward I wanted to import the OO Base tables into MS Access. This is where the stumbling block occurs. I have looked in Help and have gone through the motions of trying to modify the File Format in Load/Save, however this caters for Excel, PP etc but not Access. Help!

Is there any easy solution to this problem?

Thanks,

River

2. Rockn

Rockn

Export your OO Base database to CSV or other importable file format and then import it into Access.

3. river

river Thread Starter

Thanks for that. Just tried it, but the Export command in the File Menu is unavailable. I have tried selecting and unselecting different items but no joy, any other advice will be greatly received.

Thanks,

River

4. Jimmy the Hand

Jimmy the Hand

1. Start OO Calc
    2. Rightclick on Table in OO Base
    3. Select "Copy" in popup menu
    4. Switch to Calc
    5. Rightclick on cell A1
    6. Select Paste

Thus copying the table to spreadheet, you will be able to export it, or maybe Calc will do just fine as data entry tool.

HTH

Jimmy

5. river

river Thread Starter

That worked a treat.

R

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice