OO to MS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

river

Hi guys,

I created a number of tables in OO Base. I find if quite difficult to carry out data entry using OO in comparison to MS Access. So to ease work going forward I wanted to import the OO Base tables into MS Access. This is where the stumbling block occurs. I have looked in Help and have gone through the motions of trying to modify the File Format in Load/Save, however this caters for Excel, PP etc but not Access. Help!

Is there any easy solution to this problem?

Thanks,

River

Export your OO Base database to CSV or other importable file format and then import it into Access.

river

Thanks for that. Just tried it, but the Export command in the File Menu is unavailable. I have tried selecting and unselecting different items but no joy, any other advice will be greatly received.

Thanks,

River

1. Start OO Calc
2. Rightclick on Table in OO Base
3. Select "Copy" in popup menu
4. Switch to Calc
5. Rightclick on cell A1
6. Select Paste

Thus copying the table to spreadheet, you will be able to export it, or maybe Calc will do just fine as data entry tool.

HTH

Jimmy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online