1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Oooold RCA TV question

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Bgormley, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bgormley

Bgormley Thread Starter

I bought a used 1987 RCA TV for use in my basement while I'm working. It's model # FPR722TR. It actually works great on 2 channels (VHF) but the 3 UHF channels I can normally get in this area won't come in at all. I bought an antenna at Radio Shack that is supposed to pull in UHF signals but I still can't get any UHF channels.It cost about as much as the TV did. I just wondered if anyone knows something about this that I don't. I'm hoping there is something I can do to the TV to make get those channels, since it seems to be good on the VHF channels. I've done obvious things, like adjusting the antenna.

2. n2gun

n2gun

Are there 2 separate antenna inputs?? the older sets had then and you had to hook up uhf to that one to get it to receive

3. Bgormley

Bgormley Thread Starter

No, but your saying that got me to look harder on the back of the TV. I saw a little slider switch to move from Cable to Norm. It was set to Cable so I pushed it to Norm. Now I get the UHF channels. Not very good reception on them but I can play with that. Thanks for saying that!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice